After School Tutoring Program
Because there are so many kids falling behind their class mates in their reading, writing and mathematics skills. The ARK Program offers one on one after school tutoring to help “At Risk Kids” to excel in these areas. WE believe that if they’re learning to read then they’re reading to learn. By improving their educational skills this will help build their confidence and self-esteem. We believe this will make all the difference in the world by changing and elevating their course of education.
Here are some staggering statistics on literacy:
- 60% of America’s prison inmates are illiterate and 85% of all juvenile offenders have reading problems.
- Federal and state statistics say that 59% of the federal prison inmates are illiterate.
- Since 1983 more than 10 million Americans have reached 12th grade without having learned to read at a basic level. In the same period, more than 6 million Americans dropped out of high school altogether.
- It is estimated that more than 2 billion is spent each year on students who repeat a grade because they have reading problems.
- The careers of more than 25 percent of American children are impaired because they don’t read well enough, quickly enough or easily enough.
Our goal is to help kids catch up academically to their class mates, to build their self-esteem and confidence so that each student can overcome their currant challenges and grow up to be successful citizens.
If your child is struggling in any of these areas we encourage you to enroll them today into our after school tutoring program. Together we can work hard to help your child to advance.
Call South Gate Learning and Resource Center at 702-257-2273 (CARE)
Classes will be starting November 5th and will be every Tuesday & Thursday after school See below for schedule.
3:30 Drop off kids / Snack time / Free exploration
4:00 Instructional time and individualized learning (10-15 min. per child)
5:00 Homework/Games/ Free exploration/Special need distribution
5:30 Blessing and pick up kids